Ever had the feeling that you are constantly exhausted and that no matter how hard you try, you cannot achieve what you set yourself up to?
Let’s look at a simple example – New Year Resolutions. How many of you have been able to make a resolution and be true to it? Why is it that we start off so eagerly, yet fail to make ends meet? It is because we let negativity chew at us slowly and steadily, and finally completely take over, in the form of self-doubt.
So, the next time you begin to realise that self-doubt is beginning to cripple you, here are a few pointers to keep in mind.
1. When the going gets tough, whether it be in your family life, job role or even eating habits, it doesn’t mean that you are doing it wrong, it means that you are on the right track.
2. It might sound cliché but, believe that the universe has a plan for you. It doesn’t necessarily mean that things will be easy, sometimes it takes a tough situation and a little pain to reach the light at the end of the tunnel.
3. Do not let disappointment engulf you. Take the time to convince yourself that no matter how difficult it is, you WILL take the first step to move forward.
4. Stop focusing on the things in your life that you cannot control and instead commit yourself to changing the things you can.
5. You’ve probably come across the phrase, ‘people make mistakes’; we do. However, this just means that you are putting yourself out there and learning from your mistakes. So do not be afraid to do so.
6. Talent is given to all of us. It is our ability to find it, and the perseverance to pursue it, that will enable us to make the most of it.
7. Not everyday is going to be a walk in the park. You will have tough days. But keep reminding yourself that you are 100% capable of getting through them.
8. Focus on today. Do not let the grievances of the past and the uncertainty of the future overwhelm you to the extent that you cannot make the most of the present.
9. Do not live to regret. Giving up is not the answer, trying again is.
10. Once you set your mind to it, take the first step to try it out. Trying will get you there eventually but, if you don’t, you’ll never have it.
Now, the next time you feel that you are doubting yourself, wipe the critic and the judge seated on either shoulder away; and remind yourself of the tips shared above!